Sunday, June 10, 2012

Why I need you all to believe

Have you ever heard of Barrington Irving? He is the 1st Black pilot to fly solo around the globe. Do you know that you can achieve anything in your heart?

I never in my mind thought that I would be a college and scholarship blogger. I have been MIA for a while. I pursued a second degree in African American Studies at the University of Maryland College Park. But, while many students are looking for jobs, I am organizing teen health summits for Maryland's health department. I am flabbergasted! I am usually the youngest person working fairs or in the office. And, I take it as a badge of honor. My life's mission is to help people, especially young girls. To Christ be the glory. He has taken me from a depressed teenager to young woman poised for greatness.

A young woman with a grrrrrreat (in my Tony the Tiger voice) and supportive husband and two great little girls! So, don't tell me that you can't do it! I know you can do it. The question is "Will you do it?" I had both of my children within a year during my collegiate career. And I finished! I've traveled the world, from the Dominican Republic to Italy, speaking and conversing with young women.
Everyone has challenges and fears. Few women are able to stop hiding from their fears and face the challenge head on.  Many of us are not living. We are broken and not really living at all. The reality is you are beautiful and worth living life.

No comments:

Post a Comment