Thursday, January 26, 2012

Guilty Pleasure

We all have our guilty pleasures. I, like most people, like to conceal that one thing that embarrass us. For me, that guilty pleasure is "Love and hip-hop." I really hate to like this show so much. I don't like it enough to buy cable to watch it. But,  I like it just enough to sneak to watch it after dinner.  Am I the only person with guilty pleasures?
We all have them. Some pleasures come and go with the seasons of life. Others may seem to haunt us through many facets of our life experiences. I'm not ashamed to admit that I have a guilty pleasure. But, I am also not fearful of letting it go. I know those girls on that show are not examples of the "Virtuous Woman" found in Proverbs. But, I, J'aime, enjoy looking at craziness to make me feel a little saner at the end of a long stressful day. I don't to pay for it, but  I enjoy looking at it. 

If it became obsessive, then I would let it go. Think I won't? Ask John, no not the disciple, My husband! I was becoming a bit to addicted to mediatakeout.com and facebook.com. I couldn't go a day without it and I relied on it for my news and relationships. Uh huh sounds crazy. But, I felt myself getting swooped up in something that had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with my salvation. So, I detoxed, just like any other addict. I was trying to use those sites to fill a void. You may not be addicted to such foolishness like me. But, check how you are spending your time. If you spend most of your day on a basketball court, then that's where your priorities lay. I wanted to spend most of my day with my children. No matter how much they refuse to listen or run me into the ground. They will understand later that mommy made a concerted effort to be there for them before and after school. It's not perfect, and it never will be. But, I'm going to try my hardest to set my price far above rubies.

No comments:

Post a Comment